Disclaimer: needing to vent...not your typical warm and fuzzy post
A family vacation is supposed to be a place where adults and children alike can have fun, be themselves and create wonderful memories together. This is a family vacation I was looking forward to...a possible "tradition" with memories like my husband had growing up. It's been 5 days and so far, I am not impressed.
The lake is beautiful, the food is good, the condo is nice, the weather is perfect and I am so happy that there are several different pools and areas for my boys to swim. Best part is that I get to spend time with my hubby and kids! Everything else, not so much.
First things first, my kids are great kids. Yes the boys have their arguments and they fight but in all, they rarely act out in public. My daughter is 10 months old...she's your typical baby, but very easy going and usually always happy! I love my kids and they deserve to be treated with respect. Period.
That being said, my poor kids have had a rough couple of days. "Stop yelling, no running, don't fight, leave me alone, don't do that, come here, don't touch that, you're driving me crazy, eat your food, clean up your mess, don't get your toys out, get out of the kitchen, don't tattle, etc." I'm sick of it. They are kids. Let them play, let them run, let them eat junk if they want, let them use their imagination, pick up your crap if you don't want them to touch it, leave if they are bothering you, and next time, don't plan a "family vacation" if you don't want my kids around. Afterall, they ARE family.
Secondly, I am human. I have feelings too. I may make a mistake, we all do, but I don't need you to jump down my throat about it. I may not eat everything you do, but that doesn't mean that there is "something wrong with me", it means that we are different; if you can't accept that, I feel sorry for you. I also don't need you judging how much I eat because I have lost 14lbs WITHOUT your help. I have been a mother for 9.5 years, don't tell me how to parent my children. Better yet, don't tell me or my children what to do. I am not your nanny. When I ask you a question, I don't need your condescending remarks; I am not an idiot. I'm sorry that you feel the need to talk to me like a child, but I won't be sorry if I call you out in front of everyone. I am 27 yrs old and I can hold my own. I have a college degree, a stable AWESOME job and more than enough friends; I don't need you. I own my car, I have a house, I have the best husband and family ever. In other words, YES, I am better than you.
I am sorry you feel that my kids, myself and my hubby are an inconvenience to you and your vacation. We don't need your approval or entertainment; we ROCK all by ourselves! Next time you want a "family vacation", don't invite me. MY family will take our own vacation and it will be the BEST vacation ever!
Beautiful sunset on this crummy day... can still make me smile!

Go Terran! Remind me to never mess with you! Not that I would, because like you said, your family rocks! You are a great mother, wife, and person! Keep doing what you're doing, because you are doing awesome!
ReplyDelete