Hi friends, it's me again. Long time no write...I apologize for that. Life has been crazy busy but I want you to know that I have missed you. Each and every one of you. Fact. There is so much that I would like to catch you up on, but today, right now is not the time. I promise, though, I will!
Today, this date - November 18th - is a date that I will forever remember. Unfortunately, it's not a date that brings me happiness. This date is cursed.
It was one year ago today (on this date) that I was officially diagnosed with cancer. I remember that day very vividly and it's not one that I will soon forget. It's been a year...a whole year...and yet, it feels like it was just yesterday. I am so amazed and proud of all that I have gone through in a year. Today, it feels so good to say, I am a survivor!
As I write this post, I am laying on my couch with severe pain in my back. I just returned home from a 5 hr trip to urgent care and after two bags of IV fluids, 3 blood draws, and a urine sample, the docs believe I have contracted salmonella. They not only believe that I have it but they also believe that it's affecting my kidneys (hence the pain.) So I spent my sunday, today of all days, at the doctors...again. Awesome.
This friends, is why I am declaring this day - November 18th - cursed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!