Saturday, January 21, 2012

Doctors update and recovery

On January 5th, 2012, I had a major surgery.  Everything went as planned, spent one night and two day in the hospital and have been recovering at home ever since.  It's been two weeks, I had my post-op appointment with my doctor/surgeon on Wednesday and I am happy to report that everything is going well! I am recovering great, doing everything that I should be, my incisions are healing and I can go back to work earlier than expected!! Originally I was told I could be out for up to 8 weeks, and I am so thankful that I will be back at 6 weeks...such a relief! So the calendar is marked...Monday, February 20th...it will be like a celebration!

During my recovery, my doctor has put me on a couple restrictions: weight restriction of lifting no more than a pound and no driving for 4 weeks.  I will say that the weight restriction is the hardest part of my recovery.  With three kids at home and being the busy mom that I am, I have had to rely on others to do the simplest things; for example, I can't even pour myself a glass of milk.  My biggest struggle, however, is nursing my baby. Almond Joy will be 4 months old on the 23rd and she is still nursing. I am so thankful that my doctor said I could continue to do that but when it's feeding time, someone has to place Almond Joy on my lap and then take her as soon as she's done. One would think that giving her a bottle would be so much more convenient, but Almond Joy HATES her bottles.  She is my only baby that LOVES to nurse and I love having that bonding time with her! I will miss it once its over...

2 weeks down...4 weeks to go!  I CAN do this!!

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I'm soooo happy to hear that you're healing and going back to work early! That is awesome!!! You are amazing and freaking ROCK! I'm excited to see you next time I'm in town!

    Love you!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!