I'm not going to lie, when they called for snow in the local forecast, I doubted them BIG TIME. I mean, every year it happens...."folks, the snow level will drop down to the valley floor...blah, blah, blah..." It actually snows, oh, maybe 30% of the time. No joke. So when I saw it in the forcast for this weekend, I didn't freak out and go stock up on supplies, or rush off to get snow tires. I chuckled and moved on. Well, I am happy to say that they were RIGHT! Eventhough we didn't get much in accumulation, more of a dusting if you will, it was enough to make my 3 year old one happy camper! I was awaken this morning to, "Mommy, mommy, it's snowing!!! There's snow outside!!" I rolled over, looked at my husband and said, "really!?!" and then got up, walked to the living room and saw the smile on my sons face stretching from ear to ear with excititement as he is standing on the couch pointing out the window frantically. It was a moment that melted my heart!
After our early snow, the sun came out and it was melted before 10 am. It snowed off and on all day but it was just too wet and warm to stick. They are calling for snow again tonight as the lows head into the high 20's. I am hoping for the sake of my sweet little boy, who didn't have a chance to make a snowman, that it snows again tonight and lasts for much longer! We will be doing our "snow dance" before bed tonight!!
~let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW!~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!