I'll be the first to admit, I love me some football! All levels of football.
Kit Kat played his first year of football this year, and eventhough he was the smallest kid on the team, he loved it! Where we live, 3/4th grade is the first year you can play contact football. Our school district has one of the top programs in the State, winning the state Championship in 2010. They start training their players young, and demand perfection. If you go out for football in our town, you better believe that you will live, breathe, and sleep nothing but football year round. GO BOWMAN!
I am a die hard fan of the University of Oregon Ducks. I grew up in a family full of duck football fans so naturally, they became my favorite college team. I LOVE MY DUCKS! I have loved them and followed them through both the good and bad...once a Duck, always a Duck! I've seen the heartbreak of repeated times going to the Rose Bowl and coming home empty handed. I've seen them go from the bottom of the pack to being the Pac 10 (now Pac 12) Champs! I remember the days of Mike Bellotti and the transition to Chip Kelly. Yes, I was rooting for them when they went to the BCS Championship game vs. Auburn and watched as heartbreak set in yet again, losing the game by a field goal. You can bet that I was watching...and shouting, yelling, jumping up and down cheering...for them as they FINALLY won the Rose Bowl this year! It never felt so good as the clock ran out...it was a GREAT day to be a duck fan for sure! I'm pumped and ready for next year already!
I never followed much NFL before I met my husband. Being from San Francisco, his love for the 49ers became my love for the 49ers. Today, I watch NFL every weekend and you can usually find me on my couch, wearing my niners gear whether they are playing or not. Heck, my kids even have had professional pictures taken in their 49ers gear to show their love for the team! Yes, we are a big time football family. Today, in fact, our glorious Niners just beat the New Orleans Saints in a playoff match to move to the NFC Championship game...first time they have made it to the playoffs in 9 years. GO NINERS!!
I never thought I would become such a fan but it's addicting! I love me some football!
Who's your team?
GO 9ers!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete