When tragedy strikes, it puts life into perspective. Today, I was reminded just how precious life is and how important it is to tell those you love just how much you love them because nothing in life is a guarantee.
A student lost her mother very tragically and very unexpectedly today. Her mother was at work, collapsed and then transported to the hospital where unfortunately, she didn't make it. The student's father is disabled and unable to drive, so her uncle came to the school to not only pick her up but to tell her that her mother just died. As I was talking to this man, I could see the pain, the hurt and the worry in his eyes. I have known both his niece and his sister-in-law for the past 5 years and as he was talking, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. It took everything I had to keep myself under control and calm. After the initial shock and realization that such a tragic event had just happened, the numbness set in as I walked his niece into the room where the news of her mothers passing was about to unfold. I felt empty, heartbroken and I just wanted to hug her. That poor girls whole life was about to change...her world turned upside down in a split second without warning. As I walked away, I thought, did she tell her mom goodbye this morning? Did she hug her or kiss her? Did she tell her she loved her? My heart sank and the tears started streaming down my cheek...I could not imagine. So sad.
So friends, hug your moms, your dads, your husbands, your boyfriends, your kids, all your family, your friends, and everyone in your life you love. Tell them everyday how much you love them and how much they mean to you because you never know if you'll get another chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!