Saturday, March 31, 2012

The "cool" mom

As a young mom, one thing I've always tried to be for my kids is "cool."  I try to dress hip, say funny things, not embarrass them at school and always make their friends feel welcome in our home.  This isn't so much important to the younger two right now as it is to Kit Kat, being that he is 9 and in the 3rd grade. Well, tonight I get to put my "cool" mom skills to the test because Kit Kat is having a friend sleep over.

One of the best things about being a mom is spoiling my kids. So when my kids' friends come over to visit, or in this case have a sleepover, I make no exceptions...I actually spoil them more! Pizza and soda for dinner, cinnamon monkey bread for dessert, letting them play x-box for hours followed by a movie and eating popcorn in the living room (a big no-no)...oh yeah, and donuts for breakfast in the morning!!! Is that being a cool mom or a crazy mom...ask me tomorrow! :)

Right now it is 12:05am and they are in the bedroom playing their DS's (while they are supposed to be going to bed) and yet, I don't care because they are having a blast! Hopefully they get so exhausted that they will sleep in....maybe....ok who am I kidding, they will probably still be up at 7am! Hey, it's worth a shot!

I don't want to come across as an irresponsible parent because everyone who knows me can tell you first hand that I am far from it. My kids mean everything to me and that includes their happiness. I love my kids so much and if I want to spoil them, then so be it, I will. Life is too short to be serious and strict all the time...kids need to have fun!! I want my kids and their friends to WANT to hang out at my house. I want to be the "cool" mom for as long as I can be!

This is the sign that hangs over the door way into my dining room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!