Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter Weekend

What a beautiful weekend! two gorgeous sunny days in a row...how did we get so lucky!?

Saturday was spent hanging out with M&M's, Almond Joy and my wonderful brother! We took a beautiful walk to Old Town and M&M's got to ride his bike! We stopped by the park where they were doing a big Easter egg hunt but M&M's didn't want to participate because he didn't want to leave his bike, so we continued on our walk over to get some lunch. We stopped for sandwiches and picked up some donut holes for dessert at Sesame Donut on our way home. Although I wished my hubby and Kit Kat could have joined us, it was almost a perfect Saturday!

Sunday morning, Easter morning, the kiddos were up bright and early impatiently waiting to see what the Easter bunny had brought them! To their surprise, the Easter bunny left 36 eggs and a basket for each full of goodies!! Kit Kat got some new figures for his DS game, M&M's got Monsters Inc. on DVD, and Almond Joy got a stuffed lamb and a big girl sippy cup!

After our fun filled morning, we headed over to my grandparents house for an early dinner/late lunch. I have a huge family...22 cousins, 6 aunts/uncles, 3 siblings, my parents and my grandparents on my dad's side alone. My favorite thing about Easter at my grandparents house is the HUGE Easter egg hunt that the adults host for the kids. My aunt and grandma fill two moving boxes worth of plastic eggs and then all us adults go hide them in the yard. The excitement on the kids' faces is worth every second!

After leaving the grandparents, we headed over to my father-in-laws house where the two youngest boys did yet ANOTHER Easter egg hunt! I don't think anyone will be sleeping much tonight with all the candy consumed today...including myself!  Tomorrow, I'm starting my diet! (Maybe? Hopefully? OK, who am I kidding...I have all this candy in my house!! But thinking about it counts doesn't it??)

Happy Easter everyone!! I hope that your weekend was filled with family and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!