Sunday, April 22, 2012

One for the record books

When I heard it, I told myself "I'll believe it when I see it!" Well, I saw it. It happened. It's only April and we have had our first 80 degree weather day here in the Pacific NW. It was a gorgeous weekend filled with all things outside...and it was amazing!!

On Saturday, M&M's and his best buddy hung out at the park for a solid 3 hours, rode bikes, played basketball, soccer, played with trains and built tracks and barely took time out of their busy day to actually sit down and eat lunch and dinner! Kit Kat spent the day at his friends house playing super soakers, basketball, and video games while Almond Joy enjoyed her first real outdoor experience where she wasn't bundled from head to toe in all things fleece! She wore her first summer outfit and loved sitting in her exersaucer in the driveway in the shade. It was such a nice day, couldn't imagine anything better.

Until Sunday came.

9 am, and it was already 60+ degrees outside. Blue skies, bright sunshine, not a cloud to be seen. Got ready for our day, spent a little time inside doing the dishes and cleaning up before venturing outside to the warmth that awaited us! Another day spent almost entirely outside! Our neighbors have two kiddos one the same age as M&M's and another about a year older than Almond Joy. It was so nice chatting with them and watching the kids play. They played for hours. More bike riding, coloring with sidewalk chalk, playing basketball, soccer, riding scooters, power wheels, picking flowers, and playing hide-n-go seek. As the days progressed into evening, our neighbors decided to throw an impromptu BBQ and invited us over! We had a lovely evening getting to know them better, meeting their friends and family and just laughing, eating and having fun! When it cooled off some we walked over to the high school softball field for a spontaneous game of kickball! All the kids, the parents, anyone who wanted to play, got to play! NO rules, just fun. Oh my goodness, it was a blast! It was such a success that we are already waiting for the next nice weekend to plan it again! Good. Fun. Times.

How was your weekend? Hopefully you got to do something spontaneous and fun!

1 comment:

  1. HOORAH for sunny awesome wonderful weekends!! It was 93 degrees yesterday when I left work! I couldn't be happier! Well, except to maybe be out IN the 93 degree sunshine!

    Hope your Tuesday rocks! Love you friend! :)

    eachdayinthislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!