Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Unexpected surprises

Woke up at 6:15 a.m. to be to work early. Left the house late, hit every red light, got stuck behind two school buses and ended up arriving to work ON TIME. Boo.

Started my day off with a staff training (didn't go as bad as expected...) and it was go time until 4pm when I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Long day. Enough said. All I wanted to do was go home and relax (as much as I can with 3 young kids!). Stop #1- picking up M&M's and Almond Joy from daycare. Stop #2- picking up Kit Kat from after school care. Stop #3- home!!!! And then it all hit me like a ton of bricks... Oh wait, nothing at home to make for dinner!! Add grocery shopping. Oh man, I forgot it's Tuesday and that means Kit Kat has scouts tonight...add that in. Soccer practice?? YES! Oh boy, I'm going to go crazy...too much to do, so little time and all I want to do is go home and relax!!! *sigh*

As I am arriving to the grocery store , I get a call from the hubby. "Hey babe, no work tonight, I'm on my way home!" YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!! And as I am wandering the store I get a message "scouts cancelled for tonight, see you next week"....and I start silently cheering THANK GOODNESS!!! The next thing I know we are checking out and it's...oops, past soccer time. WHAT!?! Ahhh!! Then I thought, "hmm. I went from crazy busy to forgetful mom and it feels.....AMAZING!!!" It really did feel amazing.

Within minuets I was home, making pasta, enjoying the unexpected company of my hubby. We all sat down together as a family, had a wonderful dinner (prepared by yours truly), and I sat back and enjoyed not one but TWO glasses of vino. As I sipped each wonderful drop from my glass, I thought to myself, "now this is the life!"

CHEERS friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!