As a busy mom of three kids and working a full time job, I am always on the go. Half the time I never know where I am going or where I've been! There is always something going on whether it be cub scouts, sports, school function or appointments. Sometimes I feel like life gets so busy that I constantly have my running shoes on. This past month has forced me to put away those running shoes and focus on other aspects of life. With the free time, I devoted it to kids. It made me realize just how important spending time with my kids means to me.
The past couple of days we have had beautiful sunshine! I've taken M&M's outside each day to ride his bike, play basketball and have play dates with our neighbor friend of his. We have taken walks up to meet Kit Kat at the afternoon bus stop, drawn with side walk chalk, and just enjoyed being outside in the fresh air. It makes my heart so happy playing with my little boy! Since Almond Joy has been born, we haven't had many times when it's just been the two of us. I know it means so much to both us to have that time to make memories and I'll take it ever chance I get!
Saturday, Kit Kat and I also got to spend time together, just the two of us, hanging out. His cub scout den fulfilled one of their Bear Cub achievements by participating in the local Home Depot Kids Workshop building activity. Each scout got to build their own keepsake box. So the two of us spent the next two hours making his box. We sanded, glued, nailed and painted it (and ourselves) until it was just the way he wanted! It was so much fun spending time with him doing something only big boys gets to do. He's growing up so fast and becoming such an intelligent kid. I've got to get as much "mom time" in as I can before he gets to the age of not wanting to spend any time with me. Again, I'll take every chance I get to make memories and I know that right now in his life, it means so much to him! I am so proud of the young man he's becoming!
No matter how busy life can be, I will never let it get in the way of spending quality time with my kids. The most important things are the simplest things in life. So when you feel like you've got your running shoes on, don't forget to stop and take a break and realize what's most important in life. Take the time to build Lincoln logs with your child, play catch with your dog, have a movie night with your spouse or go to happy hour with the girls. Don't be so busy that you miss making memories. Today is the tomorrow we talked about yesterday...there are no re-dos and you don't get it back.
How do you manage your time for the important people in your life?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!