Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Drink up

I recently found out that a family member, very close to my heart but who lives several hundred miles away, has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It really hit close to home for me. This beautiful woman, a wife and a mother of two, has had her life change right before her eyes. Having faced a similar battle, I wish I was there for her...I mean physically there. I think about her everyday. I wish I could hold her hand, tell her I love her and be a sounding board for when she just needs to vent. I wish I could hug her, lend her a shoulder to cry on and just bring her flowers to brighten her day. Even though I can't be there, I know she is surrounded by wonderful people, a huge support system, and so much love and I know she will be OK!

Most of us know someone whose life has been changed by cancer. I have a close friend who lost two family members from this awful disease but I also know a handful of survivors. Today, I am dedicating my glass of lemonade to all the ones who have fought. I am remembering those who have fought but didn't make it. I am cherishing those who have fought and won. I am also toasting to those who are battling, because there is no greater gift than the present.

Friends, family, co-workers, strangers....please join me and have a glass of lemonade. Drink up to those whom you remember and cherish and toast with me to those who are fighting. Drink today, tomorrow and anytime you get the chance. While you drink, just take a moment to think what someone, somewhere has given to take their lemons and make lemonade.

"To the world, you are one...but to one, you are the world!"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Cami!! You are wonderful and I appreciate your prayers and your friendship SO MUCH!

    XOXO
    - T

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words make my day. Thanks for stopping by!